Saturday, August 30, 2008

Coming Home, Last night and Jaundice

We got home about 2:00 yesterday afternoon. We had a relaxing morning just packing up to head home. He looked so cute in the outfit I took to bring him home in. Kyle hated it, he would have preferred hunting camo or something like that. I don't think so!









Gavin is a little jaundice. We just got back from the dr. We hope to hear the results in the next few hours. He looks really yellow to me. If his count is really high they will send home health out here with some type of "Billy Blanket" to help. We have to go back tomorrow and then on Monday too if it's not better. I will keep you posted.

UPDATE: 2:30pm: His level is 15.9 so a home health company is bringing us whatever we need to put him under the lights at home. I hate that but I'm hopeful that we can get it under control. They should be here in the next few hours.

UPDATE: 7:00pm: They got here a few hours ago and brought the "Billy Blanket". I feel so bad for him. It just wraps around his little torso. He has to have it on all the time except for when I'm feeding him/diaper change. I'm guessing he will sleep well tonight since it's nice and warm. We shall see though. I'll be very ready to go back tomorrow to see if it has worked. Also, Callie is home. She was happy to see him, but WAAAYYYY more excited about her new Tom and Jerry t-shirt!










Last night was a great night! I was a little skeptical since he spent both nights in the nursery at the hospital so it really was our first night with him. He has a little burp problem....he likes to wait 2 hours after he feeds to burp!! But, I only fed him once in the middle of the night. He did have to burp a few times. Erin came over and spent the night and helped take care of him so Kyle and I could both get some sleep. It was wonderful. Anyone else want to sign up for the middle of the night program just let me know! :)


I'd post the "after" picture that I took of Erin and Gavin this morning but she would kill me! :)

Callie should be home soon. Nana, Beba and Luke are bringing her home. I can't wait for them to get to spend some time with Gavin. Callie has been keeping their hands full this week! Grandma and Pop will be here tonight too. They are so anxious to get their hands on both of my kids (right after they hit their first stop---Krystal burgers!).

I am feeling pretty good, but still moving pretty slow. For some reason I am more swollen now than I was at the end of my pregnancy. I'm just trying to keep my feet up and rest. Hopefully the swelling will go away soon.

Here are some other pics to enjoy:











6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! He looks perfect! I love his coming home outfit. Hope you are able to get some sleep.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby in the billy blanket!! I hope he gets better soon. I am DYING to hold him again.

Love,
narey

Anonymous said...

Loved being with all of you today. Gavin is precious. Just warms my heart.

Callie Rose was a good girl for us...and makes us laugh. The house is awfully quiet tonight...:(

Love you...
Nana(Julie)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon!

I enjoyed every single picture. Thanks for sharing them with us. Gavin is adorable...I wish I could hold him:) that "billy blanklet" is quite a gadget. Hopefully, it's not too uncomfortable for him.
It was good talking to you tonight. Take care & smooches to the babies...Love, Silvia

Anonymous said...

That blanket is so much better than the -tanning beds- they use to have. What an improvement!
I am sure he will -pink up- soon!
danielle

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry he's jaundiced, but that is great that he doesn't have to go back to the hospital to treat it. He is so handsome, Sharon. I can't wait to meet him. Your dad looks like a happy camper!


Website Hit Counters
HTML Hit Counter